BY TILLY TENNANT
Falling snow, sparkling champagne and an ex that Libby would rather forget…
Everything was in place for Libby’s own wedding day – the ancient church with roses around the door, the frothy white wedding dress of her dreams… That is until her Mr Right, Rufus, turned out to be Mr Wrong and dumped her out of the blue. For her cousin.
Six months later, Libby is the chief bridesmaid for her best friend Willow in a Christmas Eve wedding at stately home Lovage Hall. Despite having to wear an enormous fuchsia dress, Libby knows she has to look her best, as the wedding is the first time she will see Rufus again…
As the guests sip champagne at the beautiful reception, and Libby does her best to avoid her ex, the snow outside falls faster and faster, making it impossible for the guests to leave. Snowed in at Lovage Hall, Libby is charmed by American Noah with his dark cropped hair and dimpled cheeks, and the two of them share their dreams and a very passionate kiss.
But when the morning comes, and the snow melts, a shocking revelation about Noah comes to light and Rufus reveals a devastating secret. Can Libby trust her heart to make the right decision for her own happy ending?
A gorgeous, romantic heart-warming read with characters that will find their way into your heart and stay there. Perfect for fans of Jill Mansell, Shari Low and Jenny Colgan.
This was a light read and overall it’s an ‘ok’ book but my kind of books need to have more excitement. Everything happens in the same place, nothing really exciting happens during the story. Despite this, it is a sweet Christmas and love story.
WHAT I LIKED:
– The immediate friendship between Libby and Noah was very sweet. They really connected and it was very entertaining to see the immediate connection between them.
– The idea of the wedding taking place right before Christmas was a very cute concept.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
– Everything happens in the same set. I can understand that’s the point of the story but it turned things a bit boring to me.
– The way Libby keeps nagging the bride about Rufus being at the wedding really annoyed me.
– I will write this point at the end of the review because IT IS A SPOILER! *
It’s not a book I would buy for myself. I found it a bit plain, with little substance. Although I can admit it’s a sweet and light read for Christmas time for most romcom readers.
|THIS BOOK STALKER CONFESSES:|
*SPOILER FOR A POINT I DID NOT ENJOY IN THIS BOOK. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK:
– Hated how Libby handled the cheating situation. She didn’t forgive Rufus and her cousin for cheating on her but at the end of the book she chooses to stay with Noah, even after she discovers he’s actually married (whether it is a happy marriage or not or if he would get a divorce or not it’s not the point, the point is, Noah cheated on his wife with her and she stayed with him despite all that). Hated how she “didn’t mind” because she would gain for this situation.
*I want to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for this free ebook in exchange for an honest review. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Pub Date: October 8th 2021