“Together, we are madness. And there is music in madness, and madness in love.”Keri Lake
When I was a little girl, I dreamed a handsome knight would come and rescue me from my wretched mother. He’d ride up on his white steed and break the curse I’ve been fated to carry since the day I was born.
Funny how things changed over time. How the fairy tale twisted into something far more crooked, darker than I ever imagined.
In reality, my knight is scarred and broken, living alone in a castle of bones that overlooks the sea. He isn’t searching for me. He never was.
Lucian Blackthorne is as cursed as I am, and equally shunned by the locals, the fishers of men, who believe him to be the devil in the flesh.
Perhaps he is, with the way his amber eyes draw me in, ignite me like an infernal blaze. And the sins he whispers in my ear are as wickedly intoxicating as the man himself.
Yet, his touch is heaven and his will is my weakness.
He calls us forbidden, an unsalvageable tragedy, with no happy end. Maybe we are. But in this story, he’s the one who needs saving.
This story was….wild. I like to read dark romances and this one is pretty much dark indeed. When I read the blurb I wasn’t definitely expecting this. It includes some triggers that I feel like I should warn you about: physical, mental and sexual abuse, attempted rape, sadism, violence, paedophilia. These are the ones I remember, I sincerely hope I’m not forgetting any. So as you can guess, it’s pretty dark indeed.
WHAT I LIKED:
– Dual POV’s. We could go inside Lucian’s mind and see exactly what happened to him during the previous years that made him what he is today. Some horrible things happened indeed.
– Lucian Blackthorne. Yes yes, I’m repeating myself but I really found his character interesting. Besides being an incredibly sexy character with all that dark composure of his, his character was really complex.
– The romance between both main characters. Inside this dark and twisted story, it was a breath of fresh air to see some love and dedication in this book.
– The sex scenes were very well written and engaging.
– The writing was really good. It kept me all interested. Didn’t find a bored moment in this book.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
– I like dark romances but I have to admit I wasn’t ready for this kind of violence where people pay to torture others in need of money.
I recommend this book for those who are really into dark romances and that can read all those triggers. But let me tell you, it will be pretty dark there.
|THIS BOOK STALKER CONFESSES:|